Got questions about this process? Give us a call, we're happy to guide you through it!

In order to operate as a Mother Road Bike Taxi driver, you will first need to obtain a business license from the City of Albuquerque. Here’s a brief list of steps to take:

1. Obtain CRS Tax ID from the Taxation and Revenue of New Mexico

    a. Go to and follow the links

    b. When finished you will instantly obtain a CRS identification number via email.

2. Complete the following City of Albuquerque forms and hand deliver or mail to City Treasury, Plaza Del Sol Building, 600 2nd St NW. CRS ID# required, see step #1 above.

a. Official Business Registration Application - Home Based Business – $35 annual fee

b. Application for License for Business for Business Solicitation Permit – photos required

3. Get a certified copy of your NM driving record ($9.99) from here:

4. Finally, if you want to accept credit card payments, you will need to set up an account with a company, such as Square.